Newborn Session Prep
Please read this useful information before your newborn session:
- Once I arrive at your home, I do not need a large space. I need a room with a good natural light source.
- Newborn/lifestyle sessions take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to complete
- The extended time will allow for babies needs to be tended to.
- Make sure that a few hours before your session you make your home a few degrees warmer, babies like warmth. It helps them fall asleep.
- I may provide music because newborns are used to loud noises from the womb
- The best way to ensure a happy baby is to keep your baby awake a few hours before I arrive then feed the baby right before the shoot. It works like a charm!
- If you would like to incorporate some of your own props, outfits, hats and such, please have them ready when I get there.
- Mommy needs to be in the room to keep her little bundle of joy feeling calm and secure.
- Make sure you schedule your shoot when your complexion is good. If you are breaking out I would suggest to reschedule.
- Make sure that your make up is exactly how you want it. If it is done poorly it can dramatically affect how you are perceived.
- You can have as many clothing changes as you can fit within the time period. Clothing can be much more complicated than you would originally think.
- Be careful for unflattering clothing that could make your arms, back, stomach or legs look pinched.
- Be careful for loose straps that don’t fit properly and keep falling down.
- Make sure lint, wrinkles, threads, etc. are removed before the shoot.
- Make sure before coming that your nails, skin, hair and toenails are in optimal condition. Painting your toenails is recommended.
- Make sure to wear loose clothing a few hours leading up to the shoot so that you have no marks on your body.
- Put together a few lingerie outfits and don’t forget accessories!
- Make sure if you do any kind of spray tanning that it is even and the correct color.
- If you opt for the make up artist, come with freshly cleaned skin and do not wear any make up.
- Shave/wax 6 hours prior to photo session
- Exfoliate skin and avoid the sun
- Fix up your eyebrows, nails, and toenails